Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Thrifting and Gogol Bordello

Still sticking true to my original post I made on this blog... the above is what was on my mind as I sit here, eating my ramen, and listening to one of my favorite bands, hence the title. Now to the good stuff.

My boyfriend and I went out on the town today, took care of some errands, then it was time for the good stuff. We hit up a few thrift stores on the way home. Our last stop was The Salvation Army...
(Please take note of our awesome VIP parking spot, surrounded on three sides by bushes... yeah. It was awesome.)

Below are the things that I found, that I didn't necessarily buy, but I thought they were worthy enough to mention. I call this segment of my blog... get ready for it...
Sweet Finds!








*Most of this stuff was beyond amazing, and if I had a place for them, I would have bought them, because I'm huge on antique, pointless-but-cute things. So, after I was finished looking at all the oddities, I tried on a few things that I found and thought a) "this is too hilarious to pass up," or b) "aaww... this is great! I wish I could buy it!"... With that being explained, enjoy below. I'll call this segment...

The Good, The Bad, and The Fugly!
The Good...

This was a long leather coat. It fit me perfectly, but I already have one very similar...

My boyfriend says this looks like a granny dress, but I liked it.

The Bad...


Yes. This was a hole in the wall of the dressing room... and yes... someone graffiti-ed "The Bates Motel" above it.

The Fugly...



Yes. It was a one-piece outfit- granted those I normally enjoy- however, this one was lime green and clearly made for OBT...

So that basically concluded our Thrift Hunting for the day. We were looking for an old record player and an old typewriter, but the hunt for those two things still continues...

*Please excuse the photo quality, as I am still waiting for a new camera battery to come in the mail for my handheld camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment